Will the WD.C. and moon base textures get a face lift?

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Will the WD.C. and moon base textures get a face lift?

Post by deuxhero »

These 2 texture sets (inculdeing 2 charatar textures) were left in the game from 2 cut levels are there any plans to inprove them,have they alreddy been improved or what?
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

From what I recall, the presidential staff and family were recycled into average NPCs; concurrently, I would expect them to be upgraded as such. The moon base was recycled into Area 51.

Now, I simply expect the rule goes "If you can see it in the game, it's something on our list" with the obvious exception of level textures, which would be planned for some massie HDTP2.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

Say WHAT/!?!
We're not redoing level textures?!11
Dag... it seems like... we should.

Gawsh man... I think... wow. I think I'll go ahead and do a bunch of'm in the little ammount of free time I have... cause.. that's really important to gameplay quality.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

"Not doing level textures...yet", was the plan, I believe. Since there are, well, fricking HUNDREDS of the bastards, and the scaling has to be calibrated correctly when importing them, and stuff. Tis a fair bit of work, anyway.

If you wanna do some anyway, I doubt anyone'd complain, though! I'd drop metche a line and find out which ones have already been done, if I were you.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

Aright. I think I have the list of what's been done and such, but I was going to check with Metche anyhow, just to see what her thoughts were on the matter. I really think people would give us grace of a few months extra time on the mod, to do the surface textures.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

A few months!? Do you know how many of them there ARE!? You've already taken about a year just to redo the decoration models and you expect to recreate hundreds of textures in a few months?

Hardly.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

"A few" could be like fifteen, Jonas.

On a geological timescale that's NOTHING. :D
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

DDL wrote:"A few" could be like fifteen, Jonas.

On a geological timescale that's NOTHING. :D
Remember the dinosaurs? Now THAT was a few months back :P
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

The early incarnation of this mod did plan to redo the level textures, but it was decided that our efforts would be best spent working on the models and their textures. I believe, although I may be wrong, that some of the level textures were already at maximum resolution, so there would be a limit for improvement anyway.

As Jonas said, it has taken us over a year to do less than 100 textures for models. I'm thinking that to complete the deco models, it will take at least one more year given the work rate and current team.

Considering that we are in more need of texturers than 3D modellers, redoing the level textures would cause the project to go on for possibly 2 more years... Maybe even longer. Unless we get a surge in productivity, I would say that doing the level textures would cause the project to never be fully completed. Better to focus on some parts that we can finish, producing a mod that will be finished, than to work on modifying many things and never getting them done and/or released to the fans.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

Sounds good.