Unfinished Anna Navarra

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

If it means anything the Shifter mod has a skull gun (its a single plasma shot when used and its beeing turned into a low energy weapon that fires atomicly at foes in front of you in its range when on)
Last edited by deuxhero on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

cool :D
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

That'ld be annoying!
Talk about messing up the stealth...
Karkianman
Mole Person

Post by Karkianman »

I felt like registering, as I have some comments. First is the eye aug. I do not think that it should portrude beyond a few millimeters. Here is my reasoning.

Anna in general has less form-intruding augmentations. They generally seem to be fit in so that her physical form is the same. This also fits in with the model, though the same could be said for Gunther. But I'm basing this largely off of feel. It would make more sense for Anna's character to have it thusly: imagine that all the tissue in and covering your eye socket is removed, then fill the hole with a machine-eye. I'm suggesting that you have it in the model such that there is no striking difference between either eye. Also, the generally smaller profile of her augmentations would probably explain why she is an 'easier' boss than Gunther, who forewent all cosmetic considerations when getting upgraded.

And Gunther's fake eyes could be Fish-Eye, thus allowing him 180 degrees of sight, and possibly even more as his eyes are farther away and more on the side of his head.

One last thing, making a lot of inferences and thinking up explanations for things left blank is fine, but a. don't put them on things that fans love and b. don't treat them as fact. The skullgun was probably just a joke the devs left in in the original game, an exageration on Gunther's seemingly ruthless search for combat efficiency.
Rick-sama
Thug

Post by Rick-sama »

I agree with you Karkianman.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: Fine then, you explain why Gunther and Anna have different eye Augs then. The code can't explain it because just look at what it does with Augmentations, not every Aug is usable outside of the player. (as in the AI wont use things like Aqua Lung, or Improve Speed, or stealth enhancement) I was just .
thats odd last time I played threw Walton Simons used cloak on me at Area 51 (it was easy to see threw though)
Dave McCool
Thug

Post by Dave McCool »

hello. And I just like to say, I don't like this Anna Navarre. it looks so much like a "Quake" model, not typical of DX. It needs more on face and more like the older Anna.
"Go ahead, rake my hay!"
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Dave McCool wrote:hello. And I just like to say, I don't like this Anna Navarre. it looks so much like a "Quake" model, not typical of DX. It needs more on face and more like the older Anna.
The model isn't done. Please read all posts before replying.
Also, if you don't like it, then do one yourself and show us how it's done. k? :)
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

ThalesA7X wrote: Also, if you don't like it, then do one yourself and show us how it's done. k? :)
He's entitled to his opinion. The "don't criticise if you can't do better" argument is not a good one. Although it would certainly help if people were more specific in their criticisms.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

It needs more "on face". I thought that seemed relatively clear?

Clearly, you haven't added enough "on face", and you should add some more.

I have a big jar of "on face" here on my desk, if you need some extra?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

The man is entitled to his opinion - but its always helpful - if you have a crit - to at least make a small effort to be specific? :)

The face - which has now been handed over to Tek - was plain and without augs - why? Well since people have failed to read my previous reason(S) - it was because -what the hell is the point of putting on the augs when i hadnt even gotten the complexion correct?

That is all :)
XIRQ
Thug

Post by XIRQ »

I hope this will not provoke unrest within hard core fans...

I think it would cool to model Ana with one arm being ?terminator? like, i.e. robotic. (like the arm in T2) :idea:
It would surely add to her coldness.

As for face, I would model her according to Trinity from Matrix.

Wait, let me duck before you start throwing rocks?.ready! 8-[
?Excuse my English, I am just an ignorant European?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I don't agree. Even though it might be cool if Anna only has one arm, it wouldn't be Deus Ex.

And throwing rocks is soooo 2005. :P
XIRQ
Thug

Post by XIRQ »

I ment one of the arms. Who the hell wants character w one arm?
It was just a thought, though.
I'm sure devs are creating great models.
EER wrote: And throwing rocks is soooo 2005. :P
yet, u still went for it... [-X
?Excuse my English, I am just an ignorant European?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

XIRQ wrote:I ment one of the arms. Who the hell wants character w one arm?
Ah right. Then I'll have to think about it (and replay DX a bit to see what it's like now).
It was just a thought, though.
I'm sure devs are creating great models.
Damn right they are!
\\o
o//
\o/
EER wrote: And throwing rocks is soooo 2005. :P
yet, u still went for it... [-X
*Throws another one*
I'm a rebel! :P