Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Programs Used.

Post by ThalesA7X »

Hey guys I was checking around to see if there was a texture project for Deus Ex like there is for SS and I found this.
I was just wondering what programs you are using to do the retexturing and such. I have quite a bit of experience with Photoshop and thought I would give it a try.
Another question I have is if it would be possible to simply edit the texture of an existing model just to test how it looks? I am not sure if I would have to realign the texture to the model.

Thanks for reading.
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

It's pretty simple. Some very basic knowledge of UnrealEd is necessary, and that's about it. Head to www.planetdeusex.com/tack for some guides on adding custom skins and whatnot.

I can't say whether or not HDTP is looking for new folks or not though, but I'm sure someone else will know.
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Appreciate the timely reply!

Mmmm UnrealEd...so fun. If it is anything like the editor for UT2k4 (Same name so I assume as much :P) then it will be easy. I made a few maps for UT awhile back.
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

Same editor, just an earlier version, with a few different features. A copy of it comes with DX GOTY, or you can probably find a download by poking around on DXEditing.
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Breadfan wrote:Same editor, just an earlier version, with a few different features. A copy of it comes with DX GOTY, or you can probably find a download by poking around on DXEditing.
Yea I have it. :) Didn't notice before.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm fairly certain HDTP would appreciate your help, but you've picked a bad time as most of the team is on a sort of exam-hiatus.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

Wouldn't that make it a good time? It would mean there isn't a complete lack of stuff going on during the exams.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

I think what Jonas means is that people wouldn't be around to help him out much, and get him rolling on stuff.
Furthermore, (not sure if I should be saying this) most texturing is standing still right now (atleast in the obvious phases) because model changes are needed. That's not to say that the model people are falling behind, it's just saying that the texture people have more time on their hands. Like he said, hiatus.
I don't know beyond that, though, that's Metche's department. :)
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

All of the information needed to extract textures and models from the *.u files is around on the forums somewhere.

I use Steve Tack's extractor to get to the models and textures. There is an SDK for Deus Ex. This will allow you to preview models/textures and see how the game renders them. I use Paint Shop Pro 8.0 for any texturing I do, MilkShape 3D for modelling and Ultimate Unwrap3D for producing UVmaps.

If you want to have a UVmap to work with I can give you one. I have a few models that need texturing. One of the reasons that we're quieter than usual is that some of the work needs revising. We put some of the media in a demo map and a few things need tweaking. I expect that work will resume its normal pace towards the end of June.
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

Darkshade wrote:Furthermore, (not sure if I should be saying this) most texturing is standing still right now
Most, but not all. I'm kicking the texture's asses right now.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

ThalesA7X wrote:
Breadfan wrote:Same editor, just an earlier version, with a few different features. A copy of it comes with DX GOTY, or you can probably find a download by poking around on DXEditing.
Yea I have it. :) Didn't notice before.
Hi there Thales! Id cerntinaly be interested in your skillage. Do you have some examples? Id love to talk to you futher - bann <no spam> @planetdeusex.com cheers :D