Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DXstimpleton
Mole Person

A really dumb question

Post by DXstimpleton »

Hi.

I just found out about this project and while trolling through your site I couldn't find anywhere where it explained the order things are getting done. Now I'm not one of those people who knows about programming and stuff but I do know a good game when I play it and I do know that I would love to see this game with revamped graphics. Anyways, I can see by the big meter of completed things on the main page that phase 1 is apparently done, but what does that mean? What have you done in terms of retexturing?(presumably more than what's on the gallery page, I hope) And most importantly, at what point are you changing the actual character/vehicle models and not just the textures.

Thanx for answering my stupid questions (or not)

P.S.
this is probably impossible to do w/o changing the physics engine, but is it possible to make items not always land perfectly standing? I mean boxes are fine but a flag pole normally doesnt stand upright after bieng launched across a room.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Re: the physics.

It IS possible to make thrown decorations spin and land randomly, but yes, without somehow shoehorning in a hacky semblance of havok physics, this will usually make things look WORSE than currently, like flagpoles landing (and standing) on thier tips, while at a 38 degree angle. Or boxes balancing on their corners.
Ajare
MJ12

Re: A really dumb question

Post by Ajare »

DXstimpleton wrote:Anyways, I can see by the big meter of completed things on the main page that phase 1 is apparently done, but what does that mean?
We've split the work up into different phases, which will be released progressively as they're finished.
What have you done in terms of retexturing?(presumably more than what's on the gallery page, I hope) And most importantly, at what point are you changing the actual character/vehicle models and not just the textures.
We're redoing the models and their textures. For instance, phase1 is a huge nuch of 'deco' objects, like furniture, pots & pans, etc. We're not doing 'world' textures, ie the ceiling/floor/wall textures, because it's a huge job and would be too much for us.
Last edited by Ajare on Wed May 24, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

The upload manager is not for general public, I guess I snooped around too much, or I've missed the right link :P
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Oh, so it isn't, sorry. You used to be able to at least see which models were being done.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Yeah, I wanted to check on that lately but was rejected :(
DXstimpleton
Mole Person

World Textures

Post by DXstimpleton »

So why can't you change the world textures? I mean, from what I've observed in game, it's mostly just repeating the same tile of texture over and over to make a wall or wooden dock, so how hard can it be to change that one tile?

On the other hand, the world textures in game were pretty good so there isn't really any need to change them ;)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It does SEEM that all is being repeated a lot, however there are a LOT of world textures. And when I say a LOT, I mean VERY VERY MUCH! :P

I believe it has been discussed some time ago, but that was before the forum went semi-private, I guess the thread was over there (I can't find it now :( )