Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Shock45100
Mole Person

Flesh Chunks

Post by Shock45100 »

The original flesh chunks are too rigid and non-globular. And the texture that goes with them are weak.

Are the flesh chunks included in the project?
I'm also hoping that the texture with the new one don't include any veins of fat. Maybe you can go the whole nine yards and make different shaped chunks, maybe even some with bones still attached.
Rick-sama
Thug

Post by Rick-sama »

I support the team modelling a different variety of gibs and including into the mod code that spawns the new gibs (if they have to).
Though I would hope that the game doesn't lag when it has to load up a bunch of new different gibs.
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

Spawning random gibs would probably be pretty easy, but would require distribution of a whole extra package for the sake of one class, I think. Unless they try and also do it with couches, cigarettes, candy bars, sodas, and whatever else, I don't know how worthwhile it would be.

Also, having bones sticking out would be a bad idea. It wouldn't seem terribly realistic when gibbing a cat to have a human sized bone, would it?
Rick-sama
Thug

Post by Rick-sama »

If there are new gibs I don't think bones are required.
About gibbing animals.... if the new gibs had organs and things then they, like bones, wouldn't be the right size for the animals.
So if new gibs are made, animal size has to be taken into consideration.
New gibs and decoration debris would be cool, but it shouldn't be a major priority until the mod is done.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Lord..people have the strangest priorities, they really do.. :D

Anyway, fleshchunks currently scale for the size of the thing they came from anyway, so that's ok. And we're recoding the core deusex package anyway too, so it wouldn't require any more extra stuff than you'll be getting as it is.

So yeah, this is a reasonable idea.