Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: HDTP - Release 1: Troubleshooting FAQ

Post by bobby 55 »

I've tried uninstalling Deus Ex and checking C: and Program Files, making sure the Deus Ex folder is gone.
What nerdenstein and myself meant was for you to actually delete the Deus Ex folder itself from the program files. Don't use the uninstall option from the dropdown menu or do it via Change or Remove, but to actually delete the folder by right clicking on it. I apologise in advance if that's what you've done.

There is a Microsoft program that uninstalls programs plus patches, Microsoft Cleanup Utility. I can't give you a link coz my internet's slower than dialup presently, I used it get rid of a Far Cry patch that stopped me reinstalling that game.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Koukaku Gakusei
Mole Person

Post by Koukaku Gakusei »

I've tried deleting the Deus Ex folder from its installation folder, both on my C: and PF attempts, and then reinstalling from CD. No change.

MCU seems to have been replaced by a program called Windows Fixit:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

When I run it and ask for it to detect uninstallation problems, it doesn't detect anything of Deus Ex automatically after I've deleted its folder and reg entry. It tells me I can punch in a 'valid product key' instead, but I don't know what DX's is, as my Sold Out CD doesn't have one on case or disc...
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

There is a way to make DX run without a CD key and without the CD check, which I will not reveal here because of bant. However, it is ill-advised that people wishing to run HDTP do so through the HDTP executable. If they do this, they will lose all the benefits they get from running kenties launcher (or any other launcher). Instead, it is far easier (and you don't have to manage multiple ini files) to just add the HDTP sections from the HDTP ini into the Deus Ex ini, which will be located in either the Deus Ex system folder, or if you are using Kenties Launcher and have run the game atleast once, will be in my documents.

I am still using Kentie's launcher version 3, so I am not sure what these data files boxes are
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

PlausibleSarge wrote:I am still using Kentie's launcher version 3, so I am not sure what these data files boxes are
If HDTP is installed, the new .exe replacement automatically picks up the folders needed for HDTP to be enabled and puts them into the list in the launcher. Then it's a simple game of ticking them to get the new models. Works the same for things like New Vision and Shifter.
Also works with TNM and Redsun 2020.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Incidentally, the no-cd crack for deusex is simply to find the CDPath line in deusex.ini and either blank it (so the CDPath is an empty field) or to delete the entire line.

There really is no problem with posting this, least of all here.

Now I don't know how kentie's launcher works, but for the record, if you simply doubleclick on HDTP.exe, you'll get deus ex. Not HDTP. All HDTP.exe is, is a renamed Deusex.exe.

The reason we have a separate executable is so we can make a unique shortcut: the shortcut is where the important stuff happens. In the shortcut itself you can specify not only which executable it points to, but also which ini and userini files to use: THAT is basically the key point. HDTP.ini is a direct copy of deusex.ini, only with additional lines to both load the HDTP packages, AND to route the entire package search through the HDTP folder first, so instead of loading the vanilla Deusex.u package (which contains no HDTP references) it loads the HDTP version of deusex.u (with all the requisite HDTP references).
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:Incidentally, the no-cd crack for deusex is simply to find the CDPath line in deusex.ini and either blank it (so the CDPath is an empty field) or to delete the entire line.
This doesn't work for the 'Sold Out' version of the game, though - as I found out after many frustrating attempts. I ended up 'pirating' the game just to play the game I legally purchased - so now whenever I install it it sets the CD path as the folder I have the install file in - works a treat.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

DDL wrote:Incidentally, the no-cd crack for deusex is simply to find the CDPath line in deusex.ini and either blank it (so the CDPath is an empty field) or to delete the entire line.

There really is no problem with posting this, least of all here.

Now I don't know how kentie's launcher works, but for the record, if you simply doubleclick on HDTP.exe, you'll get deus ex. Not HDTP. All HDTP.exe is, is a renamed Deusex.exe.

The reason we have a separate executable is so we can make a unique shortcut: the shortcut is where the important stuff happens. In the shortcut itself you can specify not only which executable it points to, but also which ini and userini files to use: THAT is basically the key point. HDTP.ini is a direct copy of deusex.ini, only with additional lines to both load the HDTP packages, AND to route the entire package search through the HDTP folder first, so instead of loading the vanilla Deusex.u package (which contains no HDTP references) it loads the HDTP version of deusex.u (with all the requisite HDTP references).
I hope that for the full HDTP release, there is a program which will do things like copy your deusex.ini and then add the lines etc so that people who already have things like custom renderers installed and configured won't lose their settings, which has caused no end of trouble both for me and others who try to set it up, so eventually I gave up with that solution and just added them to the standard deusex.ini.

Also, IIRC, deus ex always tries to load the ini with the same name as the executable, which means HDTP.exe should theoretically still work when run without a shortcut
DDL

Post by DDL »

It DOES do that, already. That's the whole point of the installer.

Otherwise we'd just give you a zip file and say "hay put this in ur dx folder".

I think a lot of the problem stems from people doing everything in the wrong order (for instance, installing deus ex, installing HDTP, patching deus ex, changing deus ex renderers in deusex.ini, then getting crashes or no renderer changes in HDTP....because it should've been installed last).
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

@DaveW Regarding the SoldOut version, Just download and install the patch over it. It changes it from GOTY to the ordinary version and allows the NoCD fix to work.

I swear by Kentie's new launcher. Makes it so much easier to turn mods and off without altering the .ini.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

nerdenstein wrote:@DaveW Regarding the SoldOut version, Just download and install the patch over it. It changes it from GOTY to the ordinary version and allows the NoCD fix to work.

I swear by Kentie's new launcher. Makes it so much easier to turn mods and off without altering the .ini.
Yes I've learned that trick since :P But I still keep a copy on my hard drive, like all my games, since it's easier to install it from there than a CD.
Litabe04
Mole Person

Post by Litabe04 »

Trestkon wrote:I've discovered what I imagine is the cause of many of the errors people are encountering with the installer.

Basically, it's deleting a line from HDTP paris airports transfers that may be required for some installations. If you're having problems, please try the following (in this order. Obviously, only try the next step if it still doesn't work8)):

1)
Ensure that you have the newest patch, ie: 1112.

-----------------------------------------------------------

2)
-Open HDTP.ini (In your DeusEx\System directory)
-Find this line: CachePath=..\Cache
-Directly below it, paste in this line: CacheExt=.uxx
Yes, you're really right!!
fmwhatsapp4
Mole Person

Post by fmwhatsapp4 »

FMWhatsapp Download Enhanced Privacy Settings feature allows users to hide their online status, turn off read receipts, and set a passcode or fingerprint lock to secure their chats.