No votes
Don't like it
3%

Total votes: 39
Morpheus
X-51

Whats next for HDTP

Post by Morpheus »

Loved the first release! Gunthur looked great. Hows about in the next release you have (If someone can do them in time):

Black helicopter
Statue Of liberty
Tracer Tong
Some sky textures... That would make game look and feel a bit better...

Hows about for a Spider bot, making it like DX2 one? It was good. Except, don't make large one jump... looks too big to do that.

What's going to be released with next version? Sorry I wish i could help you guys. No time as of now. Maybe later I will contribute something.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Whats next for HDTP

Post by metche_steele »

Morpheus wrote:Loved the first release! Gunthur looked great. Hows about in the next release you have (If someone can do them in time):

Black helicopter
Statue Of liberty
Tracer Tong

Hows about for a Spider bot, making it like DX2 one? It was good. Except, don't make large one jump... looks too big to do that.

What's going to be released with next version? Sorry I wish i could help you guys. No time as of now. Maybe later I will contribute something.
Ok we'll be releasing the following -

1. complete weapon pack with working weapon mods
2. object phases 5-8
3. i'd like to get a trooper out and maybe even JC but JC is about a 10% probability right now.

hope that answers your questions :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Vote "Best thing to happen to DX". But obviously that's just until TNM is out ;)

As for JC, it's kinda weird that he wasn't the first character you did, he's by far the most frequently seen character in DX :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Jonas wrote:As for JC, it's kinda weird that he wasn't the first character you did, he's by far the most frequently seen character in DX :P
You know I have no idea why we didnt...

Perhaps its because we wanted to try a less major character to see how well it went down. You saw how miffed people got when we didnt get Gunther right - and even now there are those that still dont rate him - but you cant please everyone.

JC is currently being skinned by Smooth but goodness knows when i'll see him again - hes not been on in months!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Plus you have to ration these things out: if you have no HDTP stuff, upgrading DX with a whole load of HDTP plants and vases and crates and shit is impressive. Getting gunther is even more impressive. Getting weapons will be incredibly awesome, and ultimately getting a new JC will be fantastic.

If you did it in reverse order, with JC first, the rest of the stuff would be less impressive by comparison.

Isn't human nature fun?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

lol u suk ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

DDL wrote:Plus you have to ration these things out: if you have no HDTP stuff, upgrading DX with a whole load of HDTP plants and vases and crates and shit is impressive. Getting gunther is even more impressive. Getting weapons will be incredibly awesome, and ultimately getting a new JC will be fantastic.

If you did it in reverse order, with JC first, the rest of the stuff would be less impressive by comparison.

Isn't human nature fun?
Good point!

And let me tell you - those weapons are fantastic - im totally excited about them.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

There was a very good reason why we didn't do JC first. It's not to make JC look better rather to avoid making a mess of things. Characters are a very big part of the game, they pretty much make the game what it is. Ultimately people would start critiquing JC and how he should look during the development of the model/texture. The way it is now, we develop the model/texture, do internal critique and put it in the Developers Journal when we think its ready for public critique. Then we'll take all the critique and do some improvement on it and re-present rather than do it all at the same time.

The developers journal became a more official way showing the public our work for everything. With Gunther, the public saw basically what the team hadn't even seen yet... fortunately Gunther was near finished. From then on, we only show work we deem as near finished and not concepts. We needed a private place to store the W.I.P stuff. (which was the result we got)

Gunther was used as a sort of prototype cause the team hadn't tried it before. JC would've been too much of a risk to do cause he is sort of a mascot for the entire project. (For a very short time it was Gunther and Bob Page during phases 1-3) These characters of Deus Ex are inspirations not just to the public but the entire team as well so they are very important to us. To see them beautified makes it all the more rewarding in the end. So thanks to the guys in the character moding department and Thanks to Metche for her guidance and management.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Maybe release a NPC that IS important to the game, but not THAT important. Such as: Harley Filbin, Tracer Tong. Maybe release a UNATO Troop. That would be better. etc...

also, if anyone has an image of a revamped Alex Jacobson, I'd like to see that.

best DX: TNM when it comes out. I want my mod ready after that. It should be impressive.

Considering I made all of it myself and worked out a 3 different game storyline with game mod 2 being longest: "Expose the Conspiracy" and game mod 1 "Behind the Conspiracy" being most complicated. "Deus Ex: Morpheus" Mods. I made some HD textures of my own for the mod. (Non DX textures, one I made myself) and it looks impressive.

P.S a better looking Repair bot would be nice. If it looked more like the DX2 one, it would be better than just a moving arm on wheels...
Solid_Choke
UNATCO

Post by Solid_Choke »

Morpheus wrote:Maybe release a NPC that IS important to the game, but not THAT important. Such as: Harley Filbin, Tracer Tong. Maybe release a UNATO Troop. That would be better. etc...

also, if anyone has an image of a revamped Alex Jacobson, I'd like to see that.

best DX: TNM when it comes out. I want my mod ready after that. It should be impressive.

Considering I made all of it myself and worked out a 3 different game storyline with game mod 2 being longest: "Expose the Conspiracy" and game mod 1 "Behind the Conspiracy" being most complicated. "Deus Ex: Morpheus" Mods. I made some HD textures of my own for the mod. (Non DX textures, one I made myself) and it looks impressive.

P.S a better looking Repair bot would be nice. If it looked more like the DX2 one, it would be better than just a moving arm on wheels...
Yes DX2 looked so beautiful; it saddens me to think about what that game could have been... :(
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I hate making new threads. This one talks about it...

The chopper looks like it's done! Maybe there are animations to do, but it looks incredible. I have no criticisms at all for it. It looks exactly the same, but not made out of lego.
Global.Node
Thug

Post by Global.Node »

I'm itching to see that statue fixed.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Thank you JAF. That was the right thing to do I guess.
Statue Of liberty
Ajare was working on liberty before he left, he has my really HUGE image panels (which make modeling really easy) It'd be really great if he still has them but I guess I can dig them up on my old HDD. It does definately need doing but I don't know which team will do it.

The sky textures I'm guessing are level textures and will be done by New Vision. I hope to hell that I can do them properly because it's been a while since I've done a sky box.
The chopper looks like it's done! Maybe there are animations to do, but it looks incredible. I have no criticisms at all for it. It looks exactly the same, but not made out of lego.
Well at least that way no one gets pissed off :D I say its good enough given the scope of the project and that we had that model sitting in the DB for over 2 years ago and thank god someones actually finnished it off. (thank you Alex)
kothar
Thug

Post by kothar »

I think (this is just an opinion) that HDTP and New Vision should have a joint release when both are done (not stopping one from being released before the other but when they are both complete having one installer to put them both in at the same time) that would be really awesome... maybe even for when reborn comes out having one release for the three.

and about reborn... how would i go about getting UT 2004... i kinda have no money...
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

kothar wrote:and about reborn... how would i go about getting UT 2004... i kinda have no money...
It's only about $5 I believe, just play some music outside a supermarket and you can get enough money to buy it ;)