It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 am

Forum rules

Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.

TNM AI Issue? 
NSF

Post TNM AI Issue?
I am not certain if this is meant to happen but in levels involving infiltration (World Corp, ABI etc.) I stay crouched and don't make a sound yet when I enter the guards' "sense" range they act as if they heard a sound, look around for a moment and decide to trigger the alarm. Forgive me if this is meant to happen or this issue was addressed but as a stealth player I didn't expect this to happen.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:42 am
MJ12

Post Re: TNM AI Issue?
Interesting thing, sometimes the same situation occurs in the Yumashev level in DXN (especially annoying since it only occurs every now and then).

In DXN's case I was sort of able to trigger the scenario by setting a turret to fire against Enemies ... yet when it started firing at the enemy NPCs (with my player not even close to the area, only a few walls behind), one of the enemies found me instead and started shooting at me.

Initially I brushed it off as another instance of "mein Gott DX's AI sucks", but if it occurs on other mods as well, I guess it'd be nice to know of a solution to the issue (especially before I'm gonna start working on the 1.2 patch for DX).

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
NSF

The AI doesn't understand being attacked by decorations like turrets. If a turret set to enemies shoots at an NPC, Deus Ex treats it as if you are shooting that NPC. This gives away your location, even if you are a long way away.

Also in TNM, sometimes when NPCs set off alarms, they blame the player automatically. The extra reasons they do this are called: FoundCarcass, DisabledBot, SecurityAlert, Fire, LostPlayer, KilledPlayer. You can probably figure out what they are for. But they don't know where the player is.

I don't remember being detected for absolutely no reason.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 pm
MJ12

Thanks! Good to know, I'll make a note of it in the next patch's documentation.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
NSF

Yeah, that turret thing gets really annoying. It happens to me many times in TNM... I put the turret on enemies, go to the other side of the building, then next thing, there's this little crowd of about 7-14 guards running towards me with their rifles spraying bullets everywhere.

It gets really difficult to find a way out of such a mess, especially if they all crowd the only doorway out of the room! Seriously!? Even if I put a few LAMs down the hallway, there's still about 6 of them running at me.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 pm