Humbly request help installing TNM with New Vision

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Rukh
Mole Person

Humbly request help installing TNM with New Vision

Post by Rukh »

I've tried to go through the forums as well as google to help me figure out what I am doing wrong, but so far I've had a hard time getting TNM to work with NV.

I have the GOG.com version of Deus Ex GOTY, New Vision 1.5, and TNM 1.4.

Could somebody please provide me with detailed instructions on how to get all of these things to work together properly?

I just finished Deus Ex with NV 1.5 yesterday, and had no problem getting those two to work together. However I can't figure out how to get TNM to run with NV using Kentie's Launcher (or otherwise). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, messed with install options, but still run into issues where TNM doesn't detect any graphics card or just loads the Deus Ex maps.

What am I doing wrong here? Kentie's launcher has the directories option, but I'm not sure how to use it. I've seen several posts mentioning editing the .INI files, could that be it?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Humbly request help installing TNM with New Vision

Post by Jonas »

Hey :)

Have you already tried following the instructions here? http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... -with-mods
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Rukh
Mole Person

Post by Rukh »

Jonas wrote:Hey :)

Have you already tried following the instructions here? http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... -with-mods
I had looked at that, yes. Ultimately DaveW himself helped me out through Steam, and I can now play The Nameless Mod for the first time ever, in 2014 no less. Thanks for your response, though. Kind of didn't expect anyone to be around these boards anymore...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's pretty slow here these days, admittedly. Glad you got it working! To be honest I probably couldn't have helped you if that tutorial didn't, almost all knowledge of Deus Ex modding I once possessed has drained from my memory over the past couple of years :so:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Rukh wrote:
Jonas wrote:Hey :)

I had looked at that, yes. Ultimately DaveW himself helped me out through Steam, and I can now play The Nameless Mod for the first time ever, in 2014 no less. Thanks for your response, though. Kind of didn't expect anyone to be around these boards anymore...
Be sure to apply the fan 1.0.4+ patch!
Rukh
Mole Person

Post by Rukh »

I just installed the Plus patch, and plan on starting the game tonight. Wish I had found out about all these things years ago!