Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

HDTP Beta Release 3 Support

Post by ggrotz »

A new version of HDTP has been released. Barring any problems (it'll take time for it to propagate across their servers, so give it time if you can't download it straight away), you may find it here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex/down ... -release-3

Details are in the rest of the posts in the thread. These files will be consistent with the ones released as part of the Revision mod, but are more general so they may be used with any mod. This installer will be on ModDB *without* Revision. Feel free to use this thread for any support concerns as well.

Thanks to the whole HDTP team (what it is right now) for getting this done, and allowing me in on the tail end to help with these installers.
Last edited by ggrotz on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Re: HDTP Beta Release 3 Support

Post by DevAnj »

Never really bothered with HDTP 3 or the new HDTP that was linked in a Steam thread once because HDTP 2 was sufficient for me, though I do have them downloaded. What exactly is new about HDTP 3? Anything major beyond just fixing the bugged MJ12 and Anna Navarre models?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DevAnj wrote:What exactly is new about HDTP 3? Anything major beyond just fixing the bugged MJ12 and Anna Navarre models?
Not really. Just a bunch of bug fixes like fixing the bugged MJ12 model. Biggest additions are a few additional (but very noticeable) textures like the security computers, electric boxes, and the like. Here's the itemized list:
New textures for:
Tech googles,
soy food,
medkit,
binoculars,
chairleather,
computersecurity,
controlpanel,
couchleather,
NYPoliceBoat,
SatelliteDish.

DeusEx.u
-----------
Reload logic in DeusExWeapon.
Light bug fix in Lamp.
SecurityCamera that can start turned off.
Commented out texture stuff in WeaponAssaultGun (?).
Added texture stuff to WeaponAssaultShotgun (?).
Changed fireoffset for flamethrower.
Texture stuff in WeaponPistol.

HDTPCharacters
--------------
Fixed paul ginger/latin mixup.
MJ12 fixes.
Anna fixes.
Milbot fixes.
But I think I have something much more specific somewhere that I want to find before I upload the installer to ModDB.

(FWIW, I'm the installer guy for it now, in case you weren't aware)

Edit: Changed the old one to the itemized list that I will have as the release3-change.txt file within the install.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Until it can get uploaded to ModDB, some graphics of some of the new textures.
The new electric panel
The new electric panel
The new security terminal
The new security terminal
The new police boat
The new police boat
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

The new satellite dish.
The new satellite dish.
What everyone has been waiting for - you can play a whole game with the new MJ12 guys
What everyone has been waiting for - you can play a whole game with the new MJ12 guys
Some assorted new items.
Some assorted new items.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Very nice! I'm guessing it'll be the final version of HDTP? Development has pretty much stopped a while ago afaik.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Made in China wrote:Very nice! I'm guessing it'll be the final version of HDTP? Development has pretty much stopped a while ago afaik.
The ones responsible for primary development will have to answer this, but I get the feeling the main issue for any more will be finding people willing to do remaining textures.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

You might want to challenge your luck on Steam Deus Ex GOTY/Revision forums. At least there are quite some people around..
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hanfling wrote:You might want to challenge your luck on Steam Deus Ex GOTY/Revision forums. At least there are quite some people around..
Yes. I might have to see if I can get on there and post. I don't know anything about how compatible this would be with the Steam version, but hopefully it will be smooth enough (especially since I haven't heard anything on the Rel 2 installer I did).
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

The steamversion is bascially the GOTY version with a DRM'ed exectutable. There are no other files changed.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Also Kentie's launcher is recommended for the Steam version, so the executable shouldn't be much of a factor.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DevAnj wrote:Also Kentie's launcher is recommended for the Steam version, so the executable shouldn't be much of a factor.
Hanfling wrote:The steamversion is bascially the GOTY version with a DRM'ed exectutable. There are no other files changed.
Both very good, as I have been using the GOTY version, and the replacement EXE is there in the installer. I'll definitely try to get in over there when I can.

Edit: My account is limited access, so I can't. Oh well.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

A quick question: If I can get the permission, is there any interest for me to upload a HDTP+New Vision installer?
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I'm interested, for the sake of cleanliness. I either play Deus Ex without graphic mods or that I install both of them together anyway because they compliment each other - otherwise, there's some sort of dissonance between character models and the environment.

So, yeah. I think there's a demand for a Deus Ex: Total Graphic Overhaul installer.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

ggrotz wrote:A quick question: If I can get the permission, is there any interest for me to upload a HDTP+New Vision installer?
Absolutely yes!

By the way, I'd like to ask you guys whether or not it is possible to have HDTP, NV and Human Renovation together. Specifically, using Human Renovation's DeusEx.u file rather than the HDTP one.