Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
gothemasticator
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by gothemasticator »

Jonas,

Are you guys interested in copyediting stuff? Spelling errors, places where written subtitles don't match spoken text, that sort of thing?

For instances: foilage should be foliage in poetry book in Phas' apartment; loose should be lose in The Pulse magazine, women's stall in Sol's; and there a few instances in Chris the Cynic's dialogue when not everything he says is subtitled.

I could keep track of what I see and send you a big list down the road. Or you might not care. They are small errors.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well Arnaud is already doing that, and a lot of his corrections have already been implemented in 1.0.2 (check the patch list, it already mentions a lot of conversation fixes). I'm not sure I could handle the overlap that would doubtlessly result from having two seperate people proofread the whole mod without having a nervous breakdown.

So I'd have to say thanks a lot, but no thanks. I will fix the ones you've reported just now though, unless I already fixed them as part of Arnaud's proofreading.

Also FYI, any spelling and grammatical errors you find should be blamed on anybody credited with writing, other than me ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Link posted!

I'll be completely honest and say that the installer was not tested to our satisfaction. It *should* work fine and be compatible with both 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 but if you have any issues please post here and we'll look into it immediately, we'll be monitoring this thread closely, as always :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

cool!!! installing right now :)
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Duke Floss wrote:cool!!! installing right now :)
Let us know if it works!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Marvelous!!
I installed it over the 1.0.1 Version, started a new game and no problem occured so far!

You're really doing a great job, i can't stop telling you that! :)
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

The installer progress bar (for me at least) is stuck somewhere around 55 or 60 percent. Files transfer fine, though. I"m patching from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.

As far as the game itself goes, in the opening cutscene, when DD is alerted by the sound in the ally, he takes out both his assault rifle and his sword. The assault rifle looks like it's properly held, but the sword is just sort of sticking up from his hand.

Also, may i thank the devs for fixing the text issues in convos? I can now see all conversation options.

Vista home premium
2 gigs ram
Geforce 8300gs
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Hmm, sorry to say that, but tnm 1.0.2 just crashed and no error message was given! :cry:
Location: in the easter egg cave of phas's appartement building
Attaching the tnm.log...
Attachments
TNM.zip
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 1058 times
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I didn't notice this in the patch fixes- there are a small number of reflective texture fixes, but the stairs to the coffee shops in Downtown are all fucked up, because it's so many little tiny reflective textures overlapping each other and covering each other, which totally fucks with how the engine draws 'em. They get all splotchy and show through one another, similar to what was happening with the DXE tables.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I installed and have no problems. I even managed to do the fist few parts of my recorded playthrough :D

By looking over your changes it looks like you have gotten most of the bugs. Thank you guys for all the hard work! I am sure we all look forward to playing TNM a few dozen more times! lol
SGU
Kokoro
Thug

Post by Kokoro »

I have a save game bug. There are similar problems on the boards but this is a first for me and since I just updated to v1.0.2, I figured I should post it. I successfully installed v1.0.2, tested v1.0.1 saves and they loaded fine. Started a new game and created a save at the beginning which saved fine. Also, I did a couple quick saves. I decided to redo a part in the apartment so I hit quick load and I was taken back to the main logo screen. I hit load and both the new save game and the new quick save were missing. In place of them is “saveinfo.dxs missing!!!”. I went into the save game file on my HD and both the map saves are in there but no saveinfo.dxs. The v1.0.1 saves are all fine. How do I get the saveinfo.dxs to create?
Amenfire84
Mole Person

Post by Amenfire84 »

I've encountered two problems with the patch so far. First of all, my quicksave and one of my first saves won't load because it can't find the state; "Beefman.sitting" or something similar to that. That problem also happens when i actually do reach him, i reach the llama temple, and right before i enter the doors, it does a map load and then when its done I suddenly find myself moving extremely slowly and that 'beefman.sitting' error appears. So i actually can't progress into the storyline with this bug :(
Last edited by Amenfire84 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

[ignore me]Might be a 1.0.2 + Shifter 1.8.2 bug, but.... no sound comes from the pistols when shot. just the bullet casing flying out and hitting the ground. Pistols did have the appropriate fire sound in 1.0.1+ shifter 1.8.2 . This effects both 1.0.1 saves and new games.[/ignore me]

Bah, no strike-through option on these forums. After seeing the sound work fine on Felix's video I'm sure it's a shifter thing. Mentioned this in the shifter topic, non-shifter users ignore this.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
european
Mole Person

Post by european »

Sounds like it's worth waiting for a comment from the TNM crew before installing this one.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Not sure what you expect us to say. None of us are playing with Shifter, and we're not really planning to test TNM with Shifter. Frankly, we're enormously impressed that Yuki has bothered to make Shifter TNM-compatible. We just want to see as little of DX's code as possible from now on.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine