mods in general and older games

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

mods in general and older games

Post by bobby 55 »

Firstly i was wondering why a game like Freelancer runs without trouble on my XP Pro 64 with AMD dual core but games like Thief3 won't. I have recently downloaded Dual core optimizer which makes TNM run smoothly except for glitches everyone else seem to have,but haven't tried Thief since.
Secondly i admit to knowing very little about coding, texturing, etc. and wondered would a game like Freelancer be easier to mod then Deus Ex. I understand that Freelancer wouldn't require lots of work dialogue wise as most of it's mods are either multiplay or open single player although a few have the mission options as well. That said they wouldn't have to change much in dialogue because only weapons and ships change not the missions in vanilla Freelancer.It does amaze me though that an older game such as Freelancer just sails along irrespective of OS.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: mods in general and older games

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I think it helps Freelancer is made by MS...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:I think it helps Freelancer is made by MS...
Shit i missed that. thanks. It would be compatible with any Windows OS.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I don't think it matters much, what happens with Thief3, maybe we can help you get it running?
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:I don't think it matters much, what happens with Thief3, maybe we can help you get it running?
Hey thanks for your kind offer but downloading dual core optimizer seems to have done the trick.
Before upgrading just about everything, it,T3,ran ok. I had to set affinity on Far Cry 1 with the dual core otherwise it was like playing speed times 5
Thief3 doesn't like us changing default settings for controls though but that happened before upgrade(hehehe)as well.
Edit: i also have a Logitech Attack3 hooked up and set all game controller options to "none" and that also helped. Maybe some compatibility issues?Anyhow just got through the training mission without any probs but thanks for your time.