Deus Ex Editing PACK 2.2 [RELEASE]
Deus Ex Editing PACK version 2.2
This is third public version of my package. It includes:
Extra features of the version 2.2:
- UnrealEd1 (Works in Windows Vista/7 !)
- UnrealEd2 for Deus Ex with ability to view models, has lot of extra buttons and brushbuilders
- Hexy's DeusExTools: DeusExExtractor, DeusEx3Dviewer, Mesh converter and DeusExExtractor GUI
- Unreal Unit Converter
- Unreal Code Compiler (UCC.EXE)
- A nice GUI for UCC: UCSDK
- LWO Viewer
- UnrealFX (to edit some flags of model's polys)
- UTPT (Unreal Tournament Package Tool)
- Deus Ex mesh Tool (to extract meshes into MilkShape format)
- ConEdit (Deus Ex Conversation Editor)
- Tutorials: UED2 manual, Tack's site and Universal Constructor site in the convenient CHM format
- Mapper's dream: a MP map packaging tool (can be used for SP maps too). It was designed for UT, but I've ported it to work with Deus Ex
- Bright 1.83 : can convert images into ready to import textures. Very high quality of color reduction. Can help to create masked textures.
- UModel : a command-line tool for viewing (and extracting) models inside of the packages. Supports many UnrealEngine-based games, including DeusEx.
Screenshots: NOTES (!):
- You can view prefabs by doubleclicking them in Windows Explorer
- You can view folders with prefabs using BrowZ3D (supports more formats)
- UnrealEd2 now can load maps from command line, use LMUED211.exe "Drive\Path\map.dx"
- Includes PrefabPACK, there is 345 prefabs. Some from DeusEx, some made by me, some from Unreal, some are unknown
For now, Welcome Center is only in Russian. It mostly useless for non-russian users
There is some font patchers, to add russian symbols support into the game and few links to files.
Brief Documentation of this version is also only in russian. This post contains almost all information from that documentation, so usually don't need to translate it.
All programs are in English.
The installer creates a program group in the START menu. It called "Deus Ex Editing PACK" There you're will find almost all features of the package.
The installer modifies the system variable: PATH, so you can launch command-line tools like Bright from any place (like on second screenshot).
By default, UnrealEd2 loads all texture packages that ships with DeusEx, so you don't need to load them manually. If you have your own .UTX files, load them manually.INSTALLATON:
By default, the installation program will suggest "C:\DeusEx\" path. Please locate the directory, where your copy of DeusEx is.
UED2 extra buttons was created by ToolBar Creator (http://ego-creations.de
UED2 extra brusbuilders by: Tarquin, Dave Arendash, JohnMcL, Ranhem, Daid
Thanks to SergSGL, Revan and to Kreafan for testing.Download:DeusEx Editing PACK version 2.2 (~40 MBytes) Mirror on DepositPhileZ Mirror on Rapidshara
Also you may need to download and install 7-ZIP, to open the archive. You can grab it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzi ... e/download
Alternatively, you can try the latest version of WinRAR (3.93 for now)Download .torrent from rutracker.org (ex Torrents.ru)
Note: the link leads to the release topic!FAQ (to be written)
Q: I using voice acting in my mod, but when someone say something, the subtitles are "stuck".
A: The problem is in MP3 file. It has silence, so DX Engine cannot get its length. Open it in Audio editor, remove the silence at beginning andf at end, then save the file.
Q: I using voice acting for infolink messages, but infolink window never disappearing.
A: See above.